Never Stop Learning.
- Complete this short poll to grade this speaker/session & provide input
- Adam Boettiger, Executive Producer, Host & Moderator – [email protected]
Register for the next Live Online Event
Upcoming CLE 2-Day Live Events Featuring Patrick Malone
- Rules of the Road™ (CLE Live Event), June 1 & 2, San Francisco
- Register Now Online
- Register by Phone: (800) 309-6845
- Learn More
Additional Learning Resources Mentioned During this Session
Use the links below to order
- BOOK: “Rules of the Road” by Rick Friedman & Patrick Malone
- DVD: “New Rules of Cross-Examination”, featuring Patrick Malone
- To Order by Phone, Call (800) 309-6845
Guest Speaker Handouts
- Today’s PowerPoint presentation
- Opening Statement – Robinson v Azer (PDF)
- Reptile Orders (PDF)
- Robinson case, plaintiff’s opposition to defendant’s Reptile motion (MS Word)
- Robinson case, judge’s ruling on reptile motion (PDF)
- Jim Bartimus deposition excerpt establishing that standard of care is for safety (PowerPoint)
Patrick Malone learned how to ask questions and get answers as an award-winning investigative journalist. Now he is a leading attorney working on behalf of seriously injured people in lawsuits against hospitals, doctors, drug companies, government agencies, and other defendants. Over the last three decades, he has won a long string of exceptional results for his clients. Malone is the author of Winning Medical Malpractice Cases with the Rules of the Road Technique and The Fearless Cross-Examiner, and he coauthored the bestselling advocacy book: Rules of the Road: A Plaintiff Lawyer’s Guide to Proving Liability with Rick Friedman. He wrote a book for consumers, The Life You Save: Nine Steps to Finding the Best Medical Care—and Avoiding the Worst.
Patrick Malone is a graduate of Yale Law School, a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates, and a fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. Malone is a member of the board of trustees of the Pound Civil Justice Institute. Malone has been recognized as a leader in the law by Lawdragon’s “500 Leading Lawyers in America,” Super Lawyers, and The Best Lawyers in America.
Patrick Malone grew up in Wichita, Kansas, and is the oldest of seven children in an Irish Catholic family. Malone and his staff work out of offices in Washington, DC a few blocks north of the White House; they represent clients throughout Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.